Änglamark

Änglamark

7.22.2011

Heading Downtown

Today was my first day alone in NZ. The hostfamily have gone to Fiji for almost a week and so the exploring of Auckland begins. I woke up quite early and said goodbye and could not go back to sleep after that. So I stayed up and read 'Ninas Resa' by Lena Einhorn. Really good and interesting, but of course terrible.

I had some stuff on my to-do list today so I took the bus down to Auckland City and started my small adventure. I walked wrong a lot but bumped into the library on one of tose "extra trips". I sill have qutie a few books that I brought from Sweden to read so borrowed two movies instead. 'Pirates' and 'The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas'. I also bought a pig bank to try to save up some money during my time here. Good luck...

A project that I have been thinking of is to create a big photoalbum with pictures from vacations and journies, or just really fun moments I want to remember. I want one where you can put the pages in yourself, so that I can start with the pictures I am taking here but later be able to compiment with earlier trips. No store that I looked in had one of those so that will just have to wait. Anyone who knows where I can buy one?

In the meantime I still have a knitting I started on last autumn that needs to be finnished, and a friend just yesterday told me about this knitting-thing her host mom is organizing. She is to cover a handrail in a long knitted thing and every day people from all over the world is sending in their contribution to her. I want to as well! How about you making one too?;)

I also activated my gym membership at the university yesterday so with two knitting projects, a month membership at the gym, plenty of books from Sweden, a library card, new friends, a tree-year-old to take care of, working extra at a defence lawyer's office, keeping contact with family and friends and try to post some here not too rarely it might even be a good thing that I do not have that photoalbum to make as well;)

Now I am off to buy some dinner and then it will just be me, the crazy cat, the food, unhealthy chocolatey things and a movie:) After walking around as much, and walking wrong as much, as I have today I think I deserve it;) Have a great weekend everyone! Bye bye..
                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
- Coco Chanel